Sunday, October 14, 2007



I finished!!

HEY all! I'm alive and well after yesterdays marathon! Overall a great day for running! The weather was perfect! I did well, a few second slower per mile than last year.... but at least I did it and finished!
I started of a bit too fast, I think.


I do have some complaints about this years race- 1. I got to the Civic Center a bit before 7 am and they were out of Marathon shirts!! (and NO I didn't want a half-or 5k shirt DUH) so now they have to mail them to everyone who didn't get one at the start. 2. the course changed- "more flat and faster!" NOT- I would have preferred last years course. The last 5 miles had more hills than the last 5 last year... not where you want the hills!!! I think Im going to try a different one next year.
The good things about this years race- Dave met me at mile 23 to push me through. Boy did he try! But my legs could only go so fast, it was the slowest he has ever seen me run (a fast walk for him) But I would have ended up walking more and longer each time if he was not there. Thanks Dave! The food at the finish was WAY better than last year. Couscous, Orrzo salads, Stonyfield smoothies, soups and beer!
A great day to run- and at least I finished... Ill have to train harder next year to get out of this same time rut =)

2 comments:

Jank said...

Congratulations, Chelsea - it was good to see you out on the course!

Anonymous said...

Hi Chelsey. Congratulations on your marathon! Replacing a part of last year's course with some hills is evil. I like your list of races you would like to run. My friends always encourage me to run Hardford too, but it always conflicts with Chicago, which I am hooked on.

Keep up the good running and posting!