Monday, June 25, 2007

Yesterday was the day. Or not?

I did my first distance race of 2007 yesterday - Fairfield half marathon. (in preparations for longer marathon and reach the beach in sept ) It went well but I did not meet my time goal. The weather was PERFECT coolest of all three years. i came in at 1'58". 48. Not what I wanted but it was still a great day to run!

My third year doing this race, second year on the same course (1st time there were less hills)
If you know this race, you know its wicked hilly and some are those evil hills that go up and then plateau for 10 ft and then say "oh yeah we are going up ... AGAIN! yay im a hill!!!EAT ME"

I should have done more hill training, basically put. I really took my time going up the ups. Last year when i was hill training i got a foot injury due to hills, and i was partially thinking of this as slowly ascending the hills.

So my continued training must be stepped up a notch. If you live on a big hill in New London Ill be the runner girl going up and down, up and down, and up and down again. Nice to meet you.

Also if anyone live in the New london area and wants to get together on saturday mornings for a long run - 12-15miles?? yeah ill be doing that all summer long..........

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I wish I were in the New London area for long runs. It's so hard to find people to run with at those distances! Good luck!
(runningkate.konamoxt.com)

Phil said...

Congratulations on your half marathon.

Phil

Anonymous said...

Hi! I found your blog through a friend of a friend's blog link. I am in Mystic and training for the Hartford Marathon in October (my first). I will be hitting 12 -15 for my long runs in July and August. Maybe I'll see you on the road!?!

Anyway I am happy to find another nutmegger's running blog. I have been mulling over getting one started.