Sunday, August 12, 2007

Cool Saturday Morning, FINALLY


Another great long run with my friend M. We ran through New London, into Waterford and then back through New London. Headed out at about 6:15 am and it was chilly at that time, but after the first 2 miles or so I could feel my hands again and the temp was just right. Sunny, cool and a breeze. It was Ms longest distance run EVER and she did great, so glad I could accompany her on this huge accomplishment! And thus, she was rewarded with some tasty IPA homebrew that Dave and I made a few weeks ago.

I have recently invested in some sport drinks... Cytomax recovery and Cytomax Pre-formance.
I take th PRE before about 30-45 min. Before the long run I took 2 scoops (26 gr protein, i usually take 1 scoop before regular distance runs) I really felt this stuff working. When I was running it felt as though I could just keep gong and felt no pains. Then afterwards the recovery drink is also amazing.... after stretching drink about 16 oz and I am hardly ever sore after a good work out. It says it is supposed to reduce lactic acid by 40 %. I believe it.
After the marathon last year I drank a free sample of cytomax recovery and was impressed... not only by the taste but i believe it helped with my recovery, (i did take an ice bath too though)
Post marathon I felt good , I could walk and go up and down stairs just fine. I certainly didnt feel like I had ran a marathon the day before.
check out all the CYTOSPORT products here

No comments: