Friday, September 21, 2007


We Reached the beach!

Another great year at Reach the Beach relay. The Gogo girls were complied of new members and alumni, me being my third year attending.
The new course started at Cannon Mountain and cruised up the Kanc for the first 7 legs. By up I mean - relentless hills, specifically the 3rd leg= 7.7 miles ALL up hill.
The first day was awesome running weather. Until about 1:30 AM Sat. it started misting. Right at the beginning of my second leg (1:30-2am-ish) it was pouring for 5 minutes then it went back to misting and continued to mist through out the night. The down pour happened on ME later. My last leg of the race 6.8 miles and for the first 4.5 it was pouring on me. I was wringing my shirt out and my tutu was soaked. But I managed to just not worry about it.... after all it was my last leg. Then 3 more people to run and we would be FINISHED. Everyone managed to run fast- these women were amazing.... mostly 6.5 -8 minute milers!!
We came in second place in womens category and our overall pace was 8:02 Per mile. (if it wasnt for me Im pretty sure we would be under 8's....im a bit slower than the rest....)
Pretty awesome pace for a 207 mile race. We get new fuel belts!!

We were beat out of first place by The Maine Road hags- only 9 women on their team and their pace was 7:30!!!!! They were awesome runners!

No comments: