Saturday, September 01, 2007


Injuries, recoveries, and no more bug.

Its been a while, basically because A) my piriformis muscle started acting up last week and I skipped my long run and spent the week with a heating pad under my ass.
B) I started my new job!!! exciting and its going well. We have summer hours - 4 (9) hour days and a 4 hour work day on friday! so its like a 2.5 day weekend. AWESOME. And yesterday I biked over the Groton bridge to work for the 1st time. It was neat being that high on the bridge. Turned out to be about 11 miles round trip.
C) this week i did some awesome running because I'm feeling better and today I did 18.53 miles! the last .53 I walked ... but I was so relieved that I felt good and that I was able to keep going. My hill drills that I did this week went so awesome, its getting easier every time.
So I had hoped that I would do New Haven 20k on monday but its saturday and I did my long run without my injury flaring up, and I really don't want to push it.
Its been a busy week but I prefer it that way sometimes. Another added note- we sold our 73 super beetle last week. So sad, bye bye blue bug. =(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go! I am glad that you are feeling better and your job is great.

I've got the big 18 this weekend...