Saturday, July 21, 2007

A Job Well Run.

Today I met up with a new found runner that I met through this blog. We did 11 miles together through Mystic. It was a beautiful morning- we headed out a little after 6 am.

I never ever get up that early but I was so excited to have someone to run a long run with, that I actually was awake before 6am....
I was going to do about 14 miles and my friend was going to do 11- her pace was a bit faster that what I normally do- but that is just what I needed to amp up my workout.
Shes training for Hartford Marathon in the fall and is a first timer- After today I'm positive she will be a great marathoner. There were a few hills in her loop that were not like the hills here in New London- great hill work out for me!

Also- Used my camelbak dream - LOVE IT. Fits my female torso beautifully and you can quickly cinch the pack tighter while you are running (as it becomes less full and starts sloshing)

All said and done- what a great morning for a run- it was cool the entire time we were running- and I had someone to talk to- and someone to kick my butt. Mornings like this make me go "ahhh (deep breath)....running...I remember why I like it now!"
thanks M!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job on your run. I have been wondering about the camelback - glad to know it can work. It's better than dropping off water bottles everywhere.

Anonymous said...

You are so sweet! I had a great time running with you. I hope I didn't talk your ear off. The time flew by for me. We will have to do it again sometime. You can set the course and the pace. :) Stay well! Melissa

Jank said...

Great to meet you! Hope to see you at Naragansett on Friday!