Monday, July 16, 2007

Sailfest 5k

Sunday 9:15 am start of the HOTTEST race Ive ever ran. Sailfest 5k. HOT. HOT. HOT.
It was fun but the loop did not have any shade, and its a challenge in the middle of July. $20 Got me a number, a bag full of good coupons for local restaurants, 2 note pads, pen, pencil, mini first aid thing, letter opener, a great Tee - and then afterwards fresh bananas and great a looking spread of deli wraps! Oh and bottled water of course. Not bad for $20 bux.

My time 25 something- my pace was 8:09. I slowed down by 1 minute per mile - due to heat.
Only about 150-160 runners, and I came in 5th in my catergory. (only like 11-12 people in my catergory) but hey not bad.

I was scheduled to do my long run on saturday the 14th- but ran 5.20 miles on friday and at about mile 3 i began hurting - Ive make the assumption that it was my piriformis muscle that began to get irritated. Iced it the rest of the night friday and on and off on saturday and test ran before the 5k sunday and firgured Id be ok to run the race. And I was. YAY.

No comments: